Chairman Paras Cancer Centre
Paras Hospitals, Gurugram
Dr. (Col.) Ranga Rao has a vast experience of more than 30 years in the field of Medical Oncology. His areas of specialty are Cancer of the Lung, Pleura, Breast, Ovarian, Cervical, Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine, Colon, Rectum, Liver, Gall Bladder, Pancreas, Bone, Skin, Lymphomas of all types, Brain Tumors, Kidney, Urinary Bladder, Prostrate, Head and Neck. He has established and strengthened the various cancer centers and departments with evidence-based compassionate oncological care, strong academics, SOPs and brought up each department with utmost care and expertise. He conducted several research projects and has many national and international publications, posters to his credit.
He has been awarded numerous prestigious academic awards and to name a few; ‘The Vishisht Seva Medal’ by the President of India for meritorious and distinguished service rendered in the Armed Forces.
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- R&R, Army Hospital
- Max Super Specialty Hospital
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute
Education and Fellowships
- DM (Medical Oncology) Dr .Muthulaxmi College of Oncological Sciences, Cancer Institute, Adayar, Chennai
- MD (Internal Medicine) Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra
- MBBS, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
- Precision Care
- Targeted Therapy
- Supportive and Palliative Care
- Hormonal Therapy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology ( ASCO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
Awards and Honors
- Awarded ‘Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for meritorious and distinguished service rendered in Armed Forces on the eve of Republic Day 2006.
- Col KK Gupta Memorial Gold Medal 1984 for standing first in the Advance course Medicine 1982-84.
- Lt Gen R S Hoon Award 1994 for the original paper entitled “Immuno-phenotyping of Acute Leukaemia”
- Best Original Article Award MJAFI 1995 for the original paper entitled “use of Long –term venous Access in patients of Acute Leukaemia and NHL”.
- Lt Gen RS Hoon Award 1996, for the original paper entitled “Preliminary analysis of Alpha Interferon Therapy in Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia”.
- Air Marshall Ajit Nath Guru Shanti Devi Award 1997 for the original paper entitled “Impact of prophylactic use of Colony Stimulating Factors on neutropenia and infections in moderately intensive chemotherapy”.
- 2nd Best Poster Award Merck Serrano Oncology Summit Hong Kong March 2012: Palliative weekly chemotherapy along with cetuximab in recurrent and metastatic head and neck cancers an observational phase IV Retrospective Analysis.
|Dr. (Col.) R. Ranga Rao|
Chairman-Paras Cancer Centre
|09:00 am – 5:30 pm||Mon – Sat|